Code of Integrity, business ethics and conduct
Canadian Natural is committed to maintaining the highest level of business ethics and principles to ensure its integrity through the actions of its employees is beyond reproach in the day to day conduct of its business and that it is in compliance with all applicable laws. To ensure all employees know and understand what is expected of them in the performance of their duties, the company adopted the Code of Integrity, Business Ethics, and Conduct, which all directors, officers, employees (permanent and part-time), contractors and consultants are required to acknowledge and sign upon joining the company. A copy of Canadian Natural’s Code of Integrity, Business Ethics and Conduct is available here.
Statement of Human Rights
Our employees, contractors and consultants agree to adhere to a Code of Integrity that reflects our mission statement.
Canadian Natural Resources Statement of Human Rights:
- Canadian Natural believes in, supports and is committed to human rights and social justice. Our Human Rights Statement is reflected in the core values of our mission statement — To develop people to work together to create value for the Company’s shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity — and in our Code of Integrity, Business Ethics and Conduct.
- Security is a fundamental right for all. We acknowledge the variety of security issues we face as a company, both locally and internationally, and strive to ensure safe working conditions and environments for all those within our sphere of influence.
- We recognize, respect and abide by all labour, child labour and employment laws and expect our contract service companies, contractors and other third-party companies to meet the same standards. These include prohibitions on child labor, forced labor and discriminatory behavior as well as recognition of the rights of freedom of association and collective bargaining.
- We value and respect the traditions and the culture of the many different communities in which we do business.
- We believe our business activities should contribute to the economic well-being and quality of life where we do business, as do our community investments. We recognize the effect that our activities may have on local communities, and we value and strive to engage in a meaningful way with the communities where we do business to help ensure we positively contribute to the welfare of the local communities.
- Canadian Natural will endeavor to conduct business with contractors and contract service companies who share our values and business principles. We will inform them of our Human Rights Statement and Code of Integrity, Business Ethics and Conduct and expect they will comply with those principles.